patch applied (cabal): Merge PackageSet and PackageIndex

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 18:56:01 EDT 2008

Sat Aug 30 06:02:50 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Merge PackageSet and PackageIndex
  Have just a single module that provides both the case sensitive and
  insensitive operations. Turns out we hardly use the case insensitive
  operations, and the places where we do are not performance sensitive
  at all. So we use the PackageSet implementation which stores the
  packages case sensitively and tack on the case insensitive operations
  but with linear time implementations rather than log time. For the
  merged module/type name use PackageIndex because that is what older
  released versions exported, so less needless client breakage.

     ./Distribution/Simple/PackageSet.hs -> ./Distribution/Simple/PackageIndex.hs
    M ./Cabal.cabal -1
    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Configuration.hs -6 +6
    M ./Distribution/Simple/Configure.hs -9 +9
    M ./Distribution/Simple/GHC.hs -4 +4
    M ./Distribution/Simple/Haddock.hs -2 +2
    M ./Distribution/Simple/JHC.hs -4 +4
    M ./Distribution/Simple/LocalBuildInfo.hs -2 +2
    R ./Distribution/Simple/PackageIndex.hs
    M ./Distribution/Simple/PreProcess.hs -4 +4

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080830130250-adfee-71f1ac3abeef5078db20caa2d781402144be65f3.gz