darcs patch: Fixed typo to make it build on Windows

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 21:13:06 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 03:08 +0900, Satoshi Kodama wrote:
> Wed Feb 27 02:44:26 JST 2008  Satoshi Kodama <s.skk.skk at gmail.com>
>   * Fixed typo to make it build on Windows

Thanks. I've applied the changes related to the typo.

I've done the bit about line endings differently. Perhaps you could
check that this works for you on Windows. I assume you're using ghc-6.9
right? The code in question should only be being used with ghc-6.9 so
far (though it may eventually be used with 6.8.3).

So with 6.9 we call ghc-pkg describe '*' to list all the info about all
of the packages. We capture the output of ghc-pkg using
runInteractiveProcess. If you found that this was giving \r\n pairs then
I must assume that runInteractiveProcess opens the file handles in
binary mode on windows and so does not do \r\n conversion. The simplest
solution therefor is to set the output handle to be in text mode so we
should get \r\n conversion and thus we should be able to use the
standard lines function.

Duncan