patch applied (cabal-install): Add support to SetupWrapper for logging setup output to a handle

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 14:52:38 EDT 2008

Wed Jul 30 05:48:51 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Add support to SetupWrapper for logging setup output to a handle
  or for using a diiferent initial working directory. We already
  need to use a different working dir and this would allow us to
  spawn multiple setup processes for parallel builds each with
  their own working dir. Also, we want to be able to capture the
  output of builds. At the moment our internal logging framework
  is not capable of redirecting, but if we launch a process we
  redirect its output to a file. This should be useful for build
  reporting where we want logs for each individual package.

    M ./Distribution/Client/Install.hs -1 +3
    M ./Distribution/Client/SetupWrapper.hs -4 +20

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20080730124851-adfee-1efa4a7702050b6b64d8fd69f70d72dba6717a64.gz