Cabal bugs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 04:57:51 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:40 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> > File suffient bugs (http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hugs) and
> > hopefully they will get fixed.
>
> Ok.

Actually, both done already:

#44 Hugs does not provide version numbers for installed packages
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hugs/ticket/44
which I commented on. Ross had already suggested to install the full
InstalledPackageInfo.

#81 support --version flag
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hugs/ticket/81
filed by yours truly 2 months ago.

Ross mentions in #44 that InstalledPackageInfo is somewhat ghc-specific.
I'd like to know if there's specifically anything that would cause
problems for hugs. We've been designing cabal-install on the assumption
that eventually every implementation would catch up and provide full
InstalledPackageInfo. If it is inappropriate info for hugs we need to
fix it now.

Duncan