patch applied (cabal): Change mkLibName and friends to take a package id and not take the dir

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 21:59:07 EDT 2008

Mon Mar 17 15:12:59 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Change mkLibName and friends to take a package id and not take the dir
  So now it really gives just the lib name and not its location as well.
  It turned out that we more often want just the name since we're copying
  the same named file from one directory to another.
  Taking a PackageIdentifier means we do the conversion to string in one
  place rather than all over the place.
  It also means we're chaning the lib names for nhc98 to include the lib
  version number. This should not make any real difference to nhc98.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/BuildPaths.hs -16 +9
    M ./Distribution/Simple/GHC.hs -42 +52
    M ./Distribution/Simple/NHC.hs -7 +6

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080317221259-adfee-704b064ac399c38c2fd0799e56883d73b786908f.gz