patch applied (cabal-install): Switch DependencyResolver to return Progress and String errors

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 30 13:09:53 EDT 2008

Thu May 29 13:48:49 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Switch DependencyResolver to return Progress and String errors
  rather than Either and structured error type [Dependency]. The reason
  we cannot use that as a structured error type any more is because
  missing dependencies is not the only failure reason. There are
  several reasons, several of which are pretty complex. For now we'll
  have to do with a human readable message. Perhaps we may be able to
  find a common structured type that the different dep resolvers can
  all agree on. I'm not hopeful however as error reporting seems to be
  closely tied to the dep resolution approach.

    M ./Hackage/Dependency.hs -8 +11
    M ./Hackage/Dependency/Bogus.hs -3 +6
    M ./Hackage/Dependency/Naive.hs -4 +7
    M ./Hackage/Dependency/TopDown.hs -6 +4
    M ./Hackage/Dependency/TopDown/Constraints.hs -2 +2
    M ./Hackage/Dependency/Types.hs -3 +1
    M ./Hackage/Fetch.hs -1 +1
    M ./Hackage/Install.hs -18 +5

View patch online: