Haskell source packages in Hackage

Hugo Pacheco hpacheco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:08:30 EST 2008

Hi guys,
I am having an hard time installing the haskell-src and haskell-src-exts
packages, since both seem to have problems with happy.
I have installed happy 1.18.2 successfully, but it does not seem to be
visible (although the happy executable is in my path).

I get the errors:

$ cabal install haskell-src
Resolving dependencies...
'haskell-src-1.0.1.3' is cached.
Configuring haskell-src-1.0.1.3...
Preprocessing library haskell-src-1.0.1.3...
cabal: The program happy is required but it could not be found
haskell-src-1.0.1.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

$ cabal install haskell-src-exts
Resolving dependencies...
'haskell-src-exts-0.3.9' is cached.
Configuring haskell-src-exts-0.3.9...
cabal: happy version >=1.17 is required but it could not be found.
haskell-src-exts-0.3.9 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

Is this some kind of bug in cabal, or in the packages themselves?

Thanks,
hugo

--
www.di.uminho.pt/~hpacheco