Haddock vs GHC version

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 22 06:01:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 08:52 +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting the error:
>
> cabal: Haddock's internal GHC version must match the configured GHC version
>
> After cabal configure, cabal haddock. What went wrong? How do I fix
> it?

Check the cabal configure -v output. Check that you're picking up the
versions and locations of ghc and haddock that you expect.

> Can that error message give version numbers, so its easier to
> track down in future.

Done. It now says:

cabal: Haddock's internal GHC version must match the configured GHC
version. The GHC version is 6.8.2 but haddock is using GHC version
6.10.1

> $ haddock --version
> Haddock version 2.4.2, (c) Simon Marlow 2006
> Ported to use the GHC API by David Waern 2006-2008
>
> $ haddock --ghc-version
> 6.10.2
>
> $ ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.10.2

That all looks sensible so my only suggestion is that it's not actually
using these ones. Check the configure output and compare the full paths
to the tools. If that provides now joy then in the worst case, use the
patch I applied to show what it thinks it is doing.

Duncan