Proxies

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 17:17:48 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 15:22 +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that Cabal is currently looking very seriously at proxies etc,
> but is there any way to override the proxies that Cabal uses on a
> temporary basis? Many work environments have a fairly complex proxy
> script that handles things like VPN correctly, and it would be nice to
> override the Cabal proxy settings without changing them in IE.

Ganesh has said the same thing. I'll accept a patch to have it consult
the same env var as unix does, overriding what it would look up in the
registry.

I looked into using the info in the registry properly but it turns out
to be more than a little difficult, requiring a javascript interpreter
or linking to the MS HTTP library (which seems to need support in
ghc/cabal for linking to assemblies).

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/460

Duncan