Patch to expose reportProgram in Distribution.Simple.Configure

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 31 10:06:45 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 12:31 +0100, Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> > I found this useful - see http://code.haskell.org/asn1/Setup.hs for an
> > example.
> >
> > Dominic.
> >

> Any news on this? Is there something else I need to do?

Sorry, I've been slow in replying.

I tend to be a bit reluctant to expose more internal functions to Setup
scripts. It means there's more stuff we can't change without breaking
packages.

In this case I'm not convinced you need it, running your Setup.hs I get
duplicate reports for the programs in question because configure already
reports them. The extra warnings are fine of course.

$ runghc Setup.hs configure -v
Configuring PER-0.0.20...
[..snip..]
No asn1c found
[..snip..]
Using gcc version 4.3.2 found on system at: /usr/bin/gcc
[..snip..]
Using pdflatex found on system at: /usr/bin/pdflatex
[..snip..]
Using pdflatex found on system at: /usr/bin/pdflatex
Warning: Full inter-operability testing cannot be performed without
asn1c
Using gcc version 4.3.2 found on system at: /usr/bin/gcc

The last three lines are the bits produced by the Setup.hs and the
earlier bits are from the normal configure.

Duncan