support for jhc adapted to jhc-0.7.2

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:57:26 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 17:02 +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Duncan Coutts wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 01:19 +0100, Henning Thielemann wrote:
> >> What do I have to do to get my patches to Cabal accepted?
> >>
> >> 'http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/attachment/ticket/602/jhc.darcs'
> >
> > You just have to wait for it to be reviewed. If you're eager you can
> > explain more about the patch and ask for review and perhaps find someone
> > specifically who will review rather than waiting for me. You sent the
> > patch in on Monday, and I usually apply patches in batches at the
> > weekends.
>
> I already sent the patches directly to cabal-devel, but they seem to have
> been dropped without notification by the mailing list engine. :-(

Hmm, that's odd. Your other email made it through. Ah, perhaps it's
because darcs send uses the patch author as the from address but you're
subscribed to the cabal list with a different email address.

I wish it were possible to configure mailman to always let darcs patches
through, even from non-subscribers. :-(

> I hope the patch names are descriptive ...

Yes, I wasn't complaining! Just saying in general what people should do.

I have applied them, thanks for updating it.

> I have made some changes that make Cabal work with JHC (partially). I'm
> certain, that it will no longer work with the version it was initially
> written for. But the Cabal.JHC module doesn't tell what version this might
> be. :-(

Yeah, I wish I knew. Since as you say it'd be useful in future to know
this, I've updated the JHC.configure function to check the minimum
version.

Duncan