darcs patch: Fix the version-range parser to allow arbitrary expres...

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 06:52:50 EDT 2009

Laszlo,

> This patch contains a typo, and does not compile for me.

Yes, I sent it off too quickly.  I attach a revised version of the
patch, that fixes the typo, improves the parser by allowing
parentheses in version range expressions, and adds a check that the
new syntax is accepted only by cabal >= 1.8.

>  http://sites.google.com/site/rizsotto/patches/cabal-ticket212.darcs

I have been having great trouble finding a way to test my patch - e.g.
darcs cabal-install does not build with darcs Cabal currently.  Since
you appear to have a testing framework that is not yet incorporated
into the standard Cabal repo, I would be very grateful if you could
test the revised patch and let me know of any remaining errors.

> And I also tried to solve this ticket earlier, here is my solution:

Regards,
     Malcolm