Data and Typeable instances for GenericPackageDescription

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 15 14:48:24 EDT 2010

Excerpts from JP Moresmau's message of Tue Jun 15 14:43:28 -0400 2010:
> Hello, I was wondering if there are instances for Typeable and Data
> available somewhere for GenericPackageDescription. Automatic deriving
> fails, probably, if I read the docs right, because some types in there
> have more than 7 parameters. It would help me to use the cabal file
> parsing functions and convert the result automatically to JSON for use
> in Eclipse through Scion. Of course if there isn't I suppose I can
> write my own instances  and maybe share them with who ever is
> interested.

I'd like to second this request; I've written some code that digs for
data in these structures and Typeable and Data instances would help
eliminate some of the boilerplate associated with this task.

Cheers,
Edward