[Hackage] #752: sdist not setting the executable bit on the configure script when Build-Type is Configure

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Sat Oct 23 17:17:31 EDT 2010

#752: sdist not setting the executable bit on the configure script when Build-
Type is Configure
  Reporter:  pwan           |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:  1.8.0.6
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:  6.12.1
  Platform:  Linux          |
 I have a project with Build-Type of Configure.

 I have a Makefile and configure script set in the Extra-File-Sources
 portion of the cabal file.  The script has its executable bits set.

 However, when I do a 'runghc Setup.hs sdist', the executable bits from the
 configure script are lost.

 This is keeping folks from being able to do the normal 'tar zxvf
 project.gz ; ./configure ; make'.  steps when building from the sdist.

 The attached file is a patch to SrcDist.hs where prepareTree checks the
 extra source files for the configure script, and either copies it as an
 executable or complains about it not being present if the package build
 type is Configure.

 I apologize in advance for what is surely horrible noobie code

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/752>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>