Darcs repo format

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:31:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Daniel Fischer
<daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> $ darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/
> Converting old-fashioned repository to hashed format...
> Fetching a hashed repository would be faster.  Perhaps you could persuade
> the maintainer to run darcs optimize --upgrade with darcs 2.4.0 or higher?
>
> Can I?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Not as of a few weeks ago; the ?.h.o server(s) only have darcs 2.3 or
something, without the optimize --upgrade option.

(I looked into whether I could surreptitiously do it for
xmonad-contrib. Short of uploading my own darcs binary, I couldn't.)

--
gwern