[Hackage] #803: cabal test after cabal configure --enable-tests without cabal build creates obscure output

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Thu Mar 3 17:51:24 CET 2011

#803: cabal test after cabal configure --enable-tests without cabal build creates
obscure output
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:  ttuegel
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  assigned
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:  1.10.1.0
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown        |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                 |
Changes (by ttuegel):

  * owner:  => ttuegel
  * status:  new => assigned
  * version:  1.8.0.6 => 1.10.1.0

Comment:

 The patch I just attached fixes this issue by causing Cabal to warn the
 user if "setup test" is invoked before "setup build".  I decided not to
 run "setup build" automatically because "setup install" does not do so
 either.  Note that this is different than the behavior when "cabal
 install" is invoked (which runs "setup build" if necessary).  My thinking
 is that "setup test" should mimic "setup install" while "cabal test"
 should mimic "cabal install"; this will require another patch for cabal-
 install.  Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/803#comment:1>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>