convert a custom test-suite to Cabal-test

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 08:47:08 CET 2011

On Mar 13, 2011 11:19 PM, "Henning Thielemann" <
lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011, Thomas Tuegel wrote:
>> I recently submitted a patch which greatly improves the detailed
interface; this is one issue in particular that it addresses. That patch is
not yet in the darcs repository for Cabal, but if you're going to develop a
test suite for the detailed interface, I would recommend that you wait until
it is, rather than develop against an obsolete interface. If you want to
target released versions of Cabal, you could instead develop your test suite
against the exitcode-stdio interface, which is available now.

> I prefer to convert my test-suites only once, thus I'll wait.

If you have a test suite that uses test-framework it can easily be changed
to use the stdio-exitcode interface.