patch: --enable-tests and --only-dependencies

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 01:50:15 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I do
>
>     cabal install --enable-tests --only-dependencies
>
> with your patch I wil install test-suite dependencies of the current package
> (as in the current directory) only right? That seems like the intended
> effect. cabal configure --enable-tests is not affected, right?

Yes, that still happens.

My change should be down-stream of the dependency solver, so it still
does whatever it did.

The difference is that now when we call 'configure' on each candidate
package, we never pass '--enable-tests' during the 'install' command.

This leads to 'cabal install $pkg --enable-tests' installing test
dependencies but then not building the test suite for the target
package - this is weird, but I'm not sure what we would do with the
test suite after we built it.

If we had a 'auto run test suites on install' feature, we would need
some way to only tweak the config flags of the non-target packages.
But I didn't do that.

Antoine