patch: --enable-tests and --only-dependencies

Andres Löh andres at well-typed.com
Mon Feb 13 08:05:48 CET 2012

Hi there.

> I'm a little confused. Could someone please summarize what
>
>     cabal install --enable-tests foo

Same as "cabal install foo", but additionally add a constraint that
the testsuite stanzas for "foo" should be installed.

> will do? And also, what will
>
>     cabal install --enable-test --only-dependencies

Will generate an install plan for package in the current directory,
enabling testuite stanzas for that package. Will subsequently try to
delete the package that is defined in the current directory from the
resulting install plan.

> do? I always use the latter to pull in the deps needed to build and run the
> tests in the package I'm working on.

That should (still) work. If you have any evidence that it doesn't,
please let me know.

Cheers,
  Andres

--