Patch to read package-specific cabal-install config

Carl Baatz carl.baatz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 23:27:04 CET 2012

Hi all,

for packages that aren't for public consumption, we would like to
specify a private Hackage repo location. The simplest way we could think
of to do this was to read a config file in the same format as the user
config (~/.cabal/config) from the current directory and let any flags
set in that file override the user config.

The attached patch implements this, reading any file with a
.cabal-install extension (including '.cabal-install'). It errors out if
more than one .cabal-install file is found or if there's a parse error
on the .cabal-install file.

Does this sound like a good idea? If not, any ideas for alternative ways
of handling non-public packages?

Many thanks,

Carl