Status of cabal repl

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 05:36:24 CET 2012

Hi Duncan,

I'm trying to finalize the list of things to include in Cabal/cabal-install
1.18, which I hope to push out by the end of this year. What's the current
status of the cabal repl work? Is it close enough to being finished for
someone else to pick up and take the rest of the way?

In my naive understanding of the problem, now when we have refactored the
way we create GHC command line invocations and gotten the ghci changes into
GHC, it should be as simple manner of creating the needed command line
(similar to cabal build but with e.g. an --interactive in there) and invoke
ghci. This is probably a bit naive so perhaps you could clarify what's
needed?

-- Johan