Hackage 2

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:00:00 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Matthew Gruen <wikigracenotes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a little bit confused on the exact set up. The uploaders group seems to
> be roughly the same thing as the trustees group. (Except uploaders has an
> AND relationship with per-package groups as far as membership requirements
> for upload, and trustees has an OR relationship).

As far as I know, the 'uploaders' group allows you to upload packages
at all. That only means new packages, unless you're in the
'maintainers' group for a package.

People in the 'maintainers' group for a package can also edit metadata
like deprecation, and I guess they can also edit the maintainers list.

People in the trustees group can edit the maintainers lists for all
packages, and upload all packages. They're package-admins, so to
speak.

People in the admins group can add accounts, edit group membership, etc.

That is how I understand it. Hope that helps,

Erik