Hackage 2

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Thu Sep 6 20:53:56 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 07:14:53PM +0100, Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 06:49:36PM +0100, Matthew Gruen wrote:
> > To my knowledge, It's technically possible to import the old accounts.
>
> Why is that?  I think that's worth exploring, as you'd be losing
> associations between 1150 users and 24456 uploads of 4442 packages.
> (Not entirely, because the old names would be there as text, but
> they wouldn't be connected to user-ids.)

I think you misread "possible" as "impossible"?

FWIW, I assumed that there had been a decision that importing accounts
is either impossible or unwanted, as the mirror script doesn't do it and
there was no TODO item for it anywhere. But if that's not the case then
I can look into importing them.

Thanks
Ian