[Haskell] Hackage2 server testing

Ian Lynagh ian at well-typed.com
Tue Sep 11 23:29:07 CEST 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 09:55:30AM +0200, Henning Thielemann wrote:

> Next test: I have successfully uploaded a package candidate of
> 'gnuplot'. Now I go to the gnuplot candidate page and click on
> [maintain]. Then I get a new page with the text "Here, you can
> delete a candidate, publish it, upload a new one, and edit the
> maintainer group". Below this text the page is empty. Above this
> text there are the usual hackage navigation links. It does not look
> like a can do a lot with the package candidate so far.

Hackage people, what's the plan here?

My assumption was that "Upload a package candidate" in Hackage 2 was
just meant to check for problems in the package (which AFAIK is what
"Checking a Cabal package" does in Hackage 1).

It looks like more functionality might be planned, but not implemented?
Should we just remove the "maintain" link for now?

Thanks
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh, Haskell Consultant