hackage trac

Ben Millwood haskell at benmachine.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 04:11:42 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I've finished moving most of the Trac wiki pages on Cabal to the new
github wiki. I've drafted a new home page of sorts here:

https://github.com/haskell/cabal/wiki

It doesn't link to much because the work is far from done! Many of the
pages I migrated were ancient, some need someone to edit and update them
to reflect current affairs, some need possibly to be disposed of
entirely. Someone who knows about each article's content should have a
look over them and make some executive decisions. See
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/wiki/Migration-from-trac if you think
you can be of help.

In my opinion, some things which were wiki pages before should go in the
user's guide, like https://github.com/haskell/cabal/wiki/Upgrading-tests
, and the wiki should be used for resources for developers, rather than
resources for users.If you think I am wrong about what the wiki should
be used for, then that's fine: I have no authority or expertise of any
kind, so just go ahead and change it :)

Regards,
Ben