Gearing up for a 1.18 release

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Tue Aug 20 12:11:46 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-20 at 10:26:07 +0200, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's the status of this?
>
> 'cabal repl' seems to work fine with sandboxes.
> The backwards compat patch for #1214 is not yet done (I'm on it).
> Other than that, the documentation update is the only thing left to do.

Fwiw, I've been using haskell-mode with "cabal repl" successfully
myself, and I've pushed preliminary "cabal repl" support to the public
Github repo recently[1]; I've also added a workaround to be able to use
ghci-ng w/ "cabal repl"[2]. So I really hope "cabal repl" gets released
as part of 1.18.0, as it's already working quite nicely and IMHO
represents a big improvement over cabal-dev in its current state.

 [1]: https://github.com/haskell/haskell-mode/issues/195
 [2]: https://github.com/hvr/ghci-ng/commit/941fa170ba92c82b08d52672075cfa36184bc093

cheers,
  hvr