Feature Idea: --no-remote-fetching flag

Johan Tibell johan.tibell
Tue Oct 8 16:54:02 UTC 2013

I would like for there to be a both a command line flag and a
~/.cabal/config setting (there isn't one already, is there?), False by
default, that has this behavior. Some people have previously expressed
a desire for it on security grounds.

P.S. We intend to have cabal build imply `cabal install
--only-dependencies` when working in a sandbox in the future.