hackage reverse dependencies

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Mon Oct 14 07:20:06 UTC 2013

Not really complaining :) but one of the things I had been looking forward
to with Hackage2 was the display of reverse-dependencies, but I gather it
was disabled for now (because it loads the server too much when updating
the data iirc?).

I was thinking perhaps a compromise would be to show only direct
reverse-dependencies rather than including all indirect dependencies too.
 Perhaps that would make it scale better?  I think direct dependency
information is the most useful anyway (and also what packdeps provides).

Before doing anything I thought I would ask here first if this makes sense
and should be work?
I for one would still really like to see basic reverse dependencies info
listed on hackage (I noticed yesterday that npm has them too).

Jens