Hackage mirror client

Ian Ross ian at skybluetrades.net
Tue Feb 4 11:24:29 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Has anyone used the mirror client recently?  I'm trying to get set up to
work on Hackage a little and haven't succeeded in getting it to work yet.
 The problem occurs during the upload of the first Cabal file during
mirroring: instead of getting the 401 response and retrying with
authentication, the mirror client just fails with "hackage-mirror: <socket:
4>: hClose: resource vanished (Broken pipe)".

I've tried uploading manually from within GHCi (setting up all the
Network.Browser authentication stuff) and that works fine.  But I've not
been able to track down what the difference is between doing that and
what's happening within the mirror client.  There doesn't seem to be
anything that would cause this in the MirrorSession stuff, and the
Network.Browser authentication generator seems to be getting set up
correctly, but it never gets to the point where it retries the upload with
the generated authentication information.

Can anyone confirm whether this is still working and I'm just doing
something wrong, or if it's stopped working recently?  (In the latter case,
I'll spend some more time trying to figure out what's going on.)

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian Ross   Tel: +43(0)6804451378   ian at skybluetrades.net
www.skybluetrades.net