cabal doesn't explore the none manual flags very well

Andres Löh andres at well-typed.com
Wed Mar 12 20:04:35 UTC 2014

Hi there.

I've pushed an experimental quick fix to

https://github.com/kosmikus/cabal/tree/defer-flags

I've briefly verified that it seems to fix the aeson issue mentioned
in https://github.com/kosmikus/cabal/tree/defer-flags and one other
test case I had lying around, but I haven't tested anything else.

This change needs much more testing and experimentation. But if you'd
like to try it, I'd welcome feedback on whether it at least solves a
few concrete instances of this problem.

Cheers,
  Andres