patch applied (ghc-6.6/ghc): Packages cleanup,
and allow new packages to be loaded with :set again
igloo at earth.li
Sun Sep 24 13:28:07 EDT 2006
Mon Sep 18 18:24:48 PDT 2006 Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
* Packages cleanup, and allow new packages to be loaded with :set again
This cleans up the package subsystem a little. There are some
changes to the GHC API as a result.
- GHC.init and GHC.initFromArgs are no longer necessary.
- GHC.newSession takes the root of the GHC tree as an argument
(previously passed to GHC.init).
- You *must* do GHC.setSessionDynFlags after GHC.newSession,
this is what loads the package database.
- Several global vars removed from SysTools
- The :set command in GHCi can now cause new packages to be loaded,
or can hide/ignore existing packages.
M ./compiler/ghci/InteractiveUI.hs -19 +17
M ./compiler/ghci/Linker.lhs -1 +1
M ./compiler/main/CodeOutput.lhs -1 +1
M ./compiler/main/DriverPipeline.hs -4 +4
M ./compiler/main/DynFlags.hs -17 +17
M ./compiler/main/GHC.hs -43 +26
M ./compiler/main/Main.hs -17 +19
M ./compiler/main/Packages.lhs -149 +225
M ./compiler/main/SysTools.lhs -67 +14
More information about the Cvs-ghc