patch applied (ghc): Various cleanups and improvements to the
simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 18 07:49:19 EDT 2007
Wed Apr 18 04:47:00 PDT 2007 Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
* Various cleanups and improvements to the breakpoint support
- move parts of the debugger implementation below the GHC API where
they belong. There is still more in Debugger that violates the
layering, hopefully I'll get to that later.
- instead of returning an IO action from runStmt for resuming,
return a ResumeHandle that is passed to GHC.resume.
- breakpoints now return [Name] which is displayed in the same
way as when a binding statement is executed.
- :load, :add, :reload now clear the active breakpoints and context
- :break gives a sensible error when used on a non-interpreted module
- export breakpoint-related types from GHC
- remove a bunch of layer-violating imports from InteractiveUI
- remove some more vestiges of the old breakpoint code (topLevel in
the GHCi state).
- remove TickTree and use a simple array instead, cached per module
M ./compiler/basicTypes/SrcLoc.lhs -1 +3
M ./compiler/deSugar/Coverage.lhs -15 +20
M ./compiler/ghci/ByteCodeGen.lhs -1 +1
M ./compiler/ghci/Debugger.hs -52 +11
M ./compiler/ghci/GhciMonad.hs -22 +24
M ./compiler/ghci/InteractiveUI.hs -123 +124
M ./compiler/main/GHC.hs -77 +121
M ./compiler/main/HscTypes.lhs -7 +11
More information about the Cvs-ghc