miscellaneous Core questions
megacz at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 24 20:08:48 CET 2011
Here are the leftover questions I had that weren't very urgent (I
kludged my way around most of them and am now going back to clean stuff
- Can I count on the desugarer and core-to-core passes preserving the
syntactic order of the branches in a (Let (Rec branches) e)?
- It isn't possible for a single Case to have *both* LitAlt's and
DataAlt's, is it? Seems like any given Case should have only one
or the other (and possibly a DEFAULT).
- In SystemFC1 the (+>)_\kappa operator is indexed by a kind. If I
encounter this in Core:
FunTy (EqPred t1 t2) t3
I should expect t1 and t2 to have the same kind, and that would be
the kind-index of the (+>)-type-function-constant, right?
- I haven't been able to figure out how to ask GHC for the Kind of a
Type. I expected to find a "kindOfType" or similar but couldn't
find it in Type.lhs or TypeRep.lhs. Does GHC know how to compute
the Kind of a Type?
- Is there a way to extract the varType field from a Var? It doesn't
seem to be exported from Var.lhs; I had to add my own function to that
file so I could access this field in other modules.
- Is it possible to turn a Name (say, of some magic identifier from
PrelNames.lhs) into a global Var outside of GHC's various monads?
I'd like to add a Var for a global name in a core-to-core pass that
isn't of monadic type.
More information about the Cvs-ghc