Unexpected signal when buliding hugs98 CVS HEAD
brianlsmith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 01:35:18 EDT 2006
The current CVS HEAD fails to bulid--there is an unexpected signal
encountered when running runhugs. I attached the end of my build log below.
This failure occurs on both platforms I tried: Ubuntu 6.06 and Windows XP.
It seems the recent change to input.c is to blame:
* If any valid Haskell module (I tried A.hs containing [ main = putStrLn
"hello" ] ) is substituted for hapax.hs on the command line, the unexpected
signal still occurs. The problem is not specific to Cabal or hapax.hs.
* If a module with a syntax or typechecking error is substituted for
hapax.hs, runhugs correctly reports the error and exits.
* If I check out the sources as of 2006-09-06 and then build Hugs, the build
* If I then "cvs update -A," which gives me the new input.c, and then "make"
the build succeeds
* If I "make clean" after running "cvs update -A," and before rebuilding,
the same unexpected signal error stops the build.
echo timestamp for bootlib >bootlib/.stamp
cd ../cpphs; HUGSFLAGS=-P../libraries/bootlib HUGSDIR=../hugsdir
../src/runhugs -98 ../packages/Cabal/examples/hapax.hs configure --verbose
--hugs --prefix='/us r/local' --scratchdir='../hugsdir/packages/cpphs'
make: *** [../hugsdir/programs/cpphs/Main.hs] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/brian/hugs98/libraries'
make: *** [all] Error 2
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cvs-hugs