FFI progress

Alastair Reid reid at cs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 6 15:23:30 EDT 2001

> Is anyone actually specifying
>
> 	stdcall
> 	ccall
>
> calling conventions in a foreign import?

hslibs/win32/Win32Dialogue.gc uses stdcall.

cvs annotate says that this was written by Sigbjorn in October 1999.

I'm not sure whether anyone depends on this.
(The HGL definitely does not because it doesn't use dialogue boxes.)

I imagine there will also be a lot of stdcall stuff in HDirect generated
wrappers for COM components.

Alastair

ps I think "stdcall" is also known as "pascal".  Don't know if that helps the
 story on viewing C as two languages though - you're going to have a hard time
 persuading people to view COM methods as though they were written in Pascal :-)