freeHaskellFunctionPtr

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Jan 3 07:02:54 EST 2001

On 03-Jan-2001, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak at knm.org.pl> wrote:
> Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:12:54 +1100, Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au> pisze:
>
> > Well, if they are left, then at very least they should be
> > very clearly documented as being non-portable.
>
> They should, they aren't.  Perl internally [...]

By "they", I mean the Haskell routines under discussion.

Your examples of dlsym() and readline are sufficiently convincing
that I agree that these conversion functions should be left in.
But they should be documented properly.
(The fact that Perl and other software has undocumented
non-portabilities doesn't imply that we should be lax in
documenting our own stuff!)