Proposed change to ForeignPtr

Alastair Reid alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Sun Aug 11 11:11:09 EDT 2002

>> > That's a tricky one.  From the standards point of view, I am >
>> actually *very* reluctant to introduce new names.  On the other >
>> hand, reusing the old names will lead to a couple of unhappy emails
>> > from people using the old interface again.
>>
>> But only a couple I conjecture.

> I read this as you would also (= like me) be in favour of keeping
> the old names.  Right?

I'm not sure which position you're preferring here.  I lean a bit
towards using the old names for the new functions (the ones with free
functions) and finding new names for the old functions (the ones with
closure arguments).

Alastair Reid                 alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Reid Consulting (UK) Limited  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/alastair/