ANN: H98 FFI Addendum 1.0, Release Candidate 13

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Sun Nov 2 09:16:17 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 09:31:30PM +1100, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk> wrote,
> > (That is the Latin-1 subset, so calling them ASCII seems a misnomer.)
>
> Yes, but we can't call it Latin-1 either, because that
> implies a locale (there is also Latin-2 etc).

CByteString?

Do you intend to wait until an implementation of this is committed
to CVS before finalizing the spec?  (I hope so.)

Incidentally, the spec says CWChar but the libraries say CWchar.
It seems they always disagreed.  (If the libs change, maybe CPtrdiff
and CFpos should be CPtrDiff and CFPos too.)