[Fieldtrip] Re: Bug #21 - patch

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Jul 6 13:03:41 EDT 2010

Hi Maciej,

I was cleaning up my email and discovered that I hadn't applied your patches
(to FieldTrip and reactive-glut) or even responded to you.  My apologies!
And thanks for your efforts.

I just read through your FieldTrip patch, and it looks like you changed
FieldTrip's interface to use OpenGL floats instead of Haskell Float &
Double.  I'm reluctant to shift in that direction, as I would like OpenGL to
end up completely hidden behind an elegant, Haskell-centric interface.  My
initial attempts to stay with Haskell types failed, due to a strange lack of
exporting of some methods in the OpenGL library (preventing me from making
instances for Float and Double).  I've emailed Sven repeatedly about the
issue, but his focus is elsewhere.  Perhaps if he hears from others as well.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for getting unstuck here.

Regards,  - Conal