[Freebsd-haskell] (Automatically) Watching Hackage Updates?

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 18 05:33:07 EST 2009

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Samy Al Bahra <sbahra at applicative.org> wrote:
> Yes, the upload log may be used. You'll also find the following RSS
> feed, http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/recent.rss
> As far as I know, there is no way to watch individual package updates.

I have just made one :)  I wrote and installed a very simple shell
script to download this log file and watch for version number changes
(weekly).  It requires the Makefiles of the maintained ports, so it
can extract the corresponding information, and watch for updates.  It
generates an email in the following format:

(the ones, who know my Translation Checking Service may find this
format very familiar)

Current Time: Sun Jan 18 10:24:08 CET 2009

The list of ports to be updated:

        zip-archive: 0.1.1.1 -> 0.1.1.3

I can add the other hackage ports if you are interested in it, and
send its output to this list each week, or send in the scripts
themselves.

Regards,
:g