[Freebsd-haskell] (Automatically) Watching Hackage Updates?

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 18 17:06:10 EST 2009

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Samy Al Bahra <sbahra at repnop.org> wrote:
> This sounds great. By the way, you might want to set the "To" line to
> the mailing list and instead CC the individuals involved, atleast for
> archiving reasons.

I added most of the ports from the haskell category, so my small
script watches 30 hackage ports at the moment.  Some comments:

- the following ports are omitted:
  - devel/haddock-docs port is not added as it is coupled with its hackage port.
  - is graphics/hs-HGL-ghc the same as graphics/hs-hgl?
  - watching devel/hs-drift is not supported yet (too tricky for the script).
  - x11-toolkits/hs-frantk is not on hackage.
  - x11-toolkits/hs-gtk2hs is not on hackage.
  - devel/hs-hat is not on hackage and it will be deleted anyway.
  - devel/hs-hpl is not on hackage and it will be deleted anyway.
  - devel/hs-hdoc is not on hackage.
  - devel/hs-hmake is not on hackage.
  - devel/hs-hscolour-docs port is not added as it is coupled with its
hackage port.
  - devel/hs-hdoc is not on hackage.
  - ports for compilers/interpreters (ghc, hugs, ohugs, nhc98).
  - devel/asdlgen (not a real haskell package).

- the script will only send mail if there is any port to be updated.
- maintainers are added in parenthesis.
- no CCing for now, sending output directly to this list.
- the script runs from freefall weekly (every Sunday 0:00 UTC).

:g