[Freebsd-haskell] [ANNOUNCE] ghc-6.10.4 for FreeBSD on i386

Jacula Modyun jacula at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 06:31:26 EDT 2009

Hi  Ashish,

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 01:07:05PM +0530, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why there is no support for amd64 version in the port ? Any compile-time
> errors or runtime errors ? Or didn't have any amd64 box to build it ?

;-) I'm sorry, I didn't remember to say I haven't any amd64 box, so if you
could work on this lack, it would be great.

> Anyways, I'm trying to build ghc-6.10.4 for amd64 on my 8.0-BETA2
> (amd64) box and getting error about missing library 'haskeline' even
> though I've installed it from its tarball. I'm using ghc-6.8.3 available
> in ports to install it. ghc-pkg --global list confirms the presence of
> library. Any ideas what I might be missing ?

Thank you for this. It remind me a little problem about the haskeline
dependence on libiconv, you could see:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/137110

and then my little new patch on:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/137055

Anyway I think the problem rises up because the haskeline wasn't built, the
ghc compiler to happen not to find the libiconv libraries and include files.
So you have to use the option which I pass to the ghc compiler by the
mk/build.mk for the local pathes in:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/137055