[Freebsd-haskell] [ANNOUNCE] ghc-6.10.4 for FreeBSD on i386

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 07:05:47 EDT 2009

Jacula Modyun writes:
> Hi  Ashish,

Hi Jacula,

> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 01:07:05PM +0530, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why there is no support for amd64 version in the port ? Any compile-time
>> errors or runtime errors ? Or didn't have any amd64 box to build it ?
>>

> ;-) I'm sorry, I didn't remember to say I haven't any amd64 box, so if you
> could work on this lack, it would be great.

lol, I initially thought it was some bug and got disappointed that I
won't be able to contribute any further on this project...:p

I've my 8.0-BETA2 (amd64) notebook on which I built ghc-6.10.4 which got
built with no issues. ATM, I'm running ghc testsuite[1], I'll post
results here as soon as it finishes.

I can test ghc-6.10.4 port on my box, if you mail me shar file for AMD64
architecture. ATM, In my current GHC, I've used 6.8.3 to bootstrap. If
you also mail me instructions to generate a bootstrap GHC tarball for
6.10.4, I'll be able to test your port with bootstrap GHC 6.10.4 :)

Following is the command line I used to build current GHC.

#v+
% LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" ./configure
  --prefix=/usr/local/ghc-6.10.4 --with-gmp-includes=/usr/local/include
  --with-gmp-libraries=/usr/local/lib
% gmake
#v-

Is there anyway to generate a bootstrap GHC tarball from the output of
above commands ?