[Freebsd-haskell] hsporter

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 16 08:56:23 EDT 2010

Hello there,

I would like to notify you that a very simple and experimental but
cabalized and darcs'd version of my hsporter tool is now available in
public.

You can get your own copy it by issuing the command below.

    darcs get http://code.haskell.org/~pgj/projects/hsporter/

Few words of warning:

- As we are still waiting for other sweeping changes in the FreeBSD
ports tree to happen, there is no "official" support for the generated
ports, but it is scheduled.  Independently of this, it can be used
locally since the required BSD make(1) includes are part of the project.

- You cannot push changes to the repository, but you can send me patches
any time.  Be sure to check out the ".todo" file first!  Ask if you have
doubts (some of the items might read cryptic at first glance).

- It is not published on HackageDB yet.  It lacks some basic features
(like error handling, support for all constructs in the make(1)
includes), but it can cope with simpler Cabal packages.

Have fun,
:g