[Freebsd-haskell] GHC 6.12.2 out!!

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 22 07:29:13 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Ashish SHUKLA <wahjava.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, they're the bootstrap tarballs, which port downloads and installs
> temporarily in 'work' directory to bootstrap installation.

I do not build them with the "ghc-$(ProjectVersion)-boot" (but
"ghc-$(ProjectVersion)") directory similarly to the vanilla Linux
binary packages, thus they can be hardly used for bootstrapping
purposes in the classical way.  Yesterday I repacked all the bootstrap
we have for GHC 6.10.4 (to unbreak lang/ghc), and I got tarballs of
~38 MB each by omitting profiling libraries and documentation.  I
think they should remain compact as possible.  It is easy for me to
build separate bootstraps and vanillas, since I use almost the same
environment for them.  (I would like document the exact process on the
GHC wiki soon.)

> And what about schedule of IRC meetings ?

I am fine with them (every or every other Saturday, around 19:00 CEST,
#haskell-FreeBSD @ freenode), however this week I might not be able to
make it.

:g