[Freebsd-haskell] Howto deal with Cabal dependencies?

david fries djf at gmx.ch
Wed Feb 3 17:03:43 EST 2010

Hi guys

As you probably know Cabal packages sometimes have some very complicated
dependencies including dependencies to older versions of a library or
module. What's the best way to deal with this from the perspective of
FreeBSD's ports? Can we have different versions of a port in the
portstree so that a you can specify a suitable version in the *DEPENDS?

I'm working on such a Cabal package at the moment. It has dependencies
to an old version of the network and time module, respectively.

regards,
dave