[Freebsd-haskell] GHC 6.12.1 Port

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 2 13:26:18 EST 2010

Hello there,

On 01/02/10 00:59, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:
> Happy New Year to everyone.

Happy New Year!

> I've produced packages for GHC 6.12.1 for FreeBSD 7 (amd64/generic
> optimization) and FreeBSD 8 (amd64/optimized for Intel Core 2 Duo).

Great news!  So we can deliver a complete port for GHC 6.12 soon :P

> Jacula, can you test other haskell ports with GHC 6.12.1 ?

Do not forget that we might duplicate lang/ghc as lang/ghc-devel (as
Jacula proposed earlier) where we could put GHC 6.12 without any fear of
build problems, since I think Haskell ports would use the actual ghc
installed on the system (independently of its package).  That would
enable the curious users to spot potential problems with 6.12.x without
risking the ports officially.

> Gabor, Samy, can you guys generate bootstrap tarballs for 32-bit
> architectures.

Now I have a FreeBSD/amd64 9-current installed on my notebook, I can
build bootstrap tarballs for both i386/amd64 and 6/7/8/9 systems, it is
only matter of jail and free time :P

Cheers,
:g