[Hs-Generics] how to automatically create and install documentations of a package?

Daneel Yaitskov rtfm.rtfm.rtfm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 12:48:48 EDT 2009

Sean Leather wrote:
> Hi Daneel,
>
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 13:58, Daneel Yaitskov wrote:
>
>     Recently I've found wonderful thing cabal can install packages
>     itself! It can even install those packages which need for final one.
>     But I'm disturbed cabal doesn't create the documentation of a
>     package by default. It manually makes "runhaskell Setup haddock".
>
>     Who knows?
>

> I believe you can do 'cabal haddock', but I don't know why it doesn't do
> it by default.
>
> BTW, the Haskell Café is typically more suitable for questions such as
> these. The Generics list is more specifically for generic programming
> discussions while the Haskell Café serves a broader audience. I've CC'd
> haskell-cafe@ to see if anybody there knows the answer to your question.
>
> Regards,
> Sean

I afraid you wrong understood my situation. It is so: cabal installs a
package only by it's name. I don't explicitly download the archive with
a package and don't extract it. Therefore there isn't any context for
the "cabal haddock" command.

For example, I write "cabal install htx" command in the home directory
and it download and install bulk of complementary packages with htx
package from the web-site. After so as this work will finish nothing
leave itself. The home directory will be same.

But I can't write install htx and haddock simultaneously :(.

Daneel Yaitskov