Stage1Only

Gabor Greif ggreif at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 21:51:17 CEST 2013

On 4/12/13, Trevor Elliott <trevor at galois.com> wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I've seen this ticket (see [1]), and stage=1 only worked if I explicitly
> disabled building packages like ghc, and the tools with the stage 1
> compiler.  This seemed reasonable, as I only wanted to build a cross
> compiler, not a toolchain for my target.

My preliminary experience is that cabal fails (somewhere) because it
cannot locate the 'ghc' package. So I've built without "stage=1"
first, and after cabal did its thing (and the 'relocation out of
range' error stopped my build) I re-issued a make with "stage=1".

This brought me till the already known dyn problem with integer-simple.

Cheers,

    Gabor