HP 2013.2 and GHC 7.6.2

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:18:35 CEST 2013

These are the bugs in *Cabal* that got fixed between 1.16.0 and
1.16.0.3 that are relevant:

* Fix bug that makes setting "verbose: 1" or "jobs: N" in the
~/.cabal/config file crash (#980)
* Fix the logic for building profiled executables with TemplateHaskell.
* Fix logic for building dynamic executables with TemplateHaskell

Nothing major. We could probably live without these fixes.

We do need a new *cabal-install* however, as it fixes:

    Disable setting the jobs: $nprocs line in default ~/.cabal config

    It breaks for fresh installs with users who have Cabal-1.6.0
    rather than Cabal-1.6.0.1, ie users of ghc-7.6.1.